HR Generalist / Operations Manager
Overview for this position
Human Resources Generalist & Operations Manager is a dual role involving general human resources and operational responsibilities. The role is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the following HR functional areas: payroll changes, time tracking, benefits, policy development, and implementation, recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding. The operations component of this position is responsible for administration including general office management.
We are looking for a hands-on, pragmatic, detail-oriented professional who is proficient in HR and corporate administration
Essential Duties/Responsibilities – HR
- Responsible for providing operationally focused HR support with a broad generalist remit; be familiar and up to date with HR laws and regulations
- Maintains, update and implement HR related initiatives and policies to support leadership team goals
- Collects and compiles payroll changes each pay period (in conjunction with Finance team) for transmittal to central payroll department
- Manages time and attendance system
- Serves as local liaison for benefit programs and relationships with benefits vendors and ensures cost-effectiveness and competitiveness of plans offered
- Responsible for recruitment efforts including job posting, preliminary screening of candidates and offer letters for new employees
- Manages onboarding, orientation process, and offboarding.
- Conduct exit interviews analyze data and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists in employee handbook and policy and procedure updates
- Provide policy and procedure and handbook explanation to employees and supervisors as needed
- Assists in development and updating of job descriptions
- Manages performance management program
- Creates and maintains all employee files and records, HR forms, org charts, reports etc.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Front-line contact for all employee related HR issues
- Plans and manages staff events, such as staff meetings, trainings, outings, etc.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities – Operations
- Responsible for management of the office including layout, appearance, furniture & equipment.
- Responsible for overseeing the relationship with the building management and ensuring services are provided according to lease
- Responsible for operational systems such office security, parking contracts etc.
- Works to ensure efficiency of the office environment and processes
- Responsible for all outgoing and incoming mail, shipments and distribution to office staff
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering, and stocking of office supplies
- Approves & reconciles appropriate invoices
- Maintaining and organizing corporate records and files
- Executive administration support
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the CFO
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management
- Minimum of two years progressive experience in HR Management
- SHRM certification
- Fluency regarding HR compliance, principles, and practices
- Previous payroll experience. ADP/ Workforce Now experience preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on management style and resourceful problem solving
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and sensitivity
- Able to effectively prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks
- Hard working, able to respond to evolving needs
- Strong computing skills, including advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe
- Experience drafting memos, reports, org charts and presentations
- Must take great pride in producing polished, professional work product
Job Type: Full-time. To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations Manager
The Washington Examiner is looking for an experienced public relations professional to join our Corporate Communications team in DC as a Senior PR Manager. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, top tier media relationships, and is an expert communicator adept at translating political information and data into stories people want to hear and can understand.
The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into political and policy issues to understand how they are shaping the political narrative in DC, and what that means to politically interested readers and viewers outside the beltway. They’ll have proven experience working in broadcast media or media relations to work closely with the newsroom to identify and coordinate opportunities to promote Washington Examiner’s reporting.
Qualified candidates will know how to effectively pitch our journalists and reporting to continue building Washington Examiner’s extensive presence in the media including hundreds of TV and radio appearances a month. They’ll have a great understanding and appreciation for broadcast television and a pulse on the trending news cycle.
● Establish and leverage relationships with booking producers and cultivate new contacts at broadcast/cable news networks, podcasts, and radio programs
● Manage media inquiries and interview requests
● Maintain a pulse on the news cycle and workings of broadcast/cable news networks to best align Washington Examiner’s reporters and journalism
● Identify and build new media talent within the newsroom with monthly media training
● Create content for press releases
● Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
● Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships on an on-going basis
● At least 3 years of experience in media, public relations, or marketing
● Strong team player with exceptional relationship-building skills
● Ability to multitask, time management and work well under pressure
● Careful attention to detail with good follow-through
● Strategic, collaborative, and creative thinker who can adapt and prioritize moment to moment
● Bachelor’s degree required
The position is full-time with benefits and based in Washington, DC. To apply, send an email to email@example.com with you resume.
Job Type: Full-time / Benefits